Daytona Lagoon, the premier family-friendly water park and year-round mega family entertainment center located in Daytona Beach, FL, celebrated a successful 2017 season filled with new attractions and exciting promotional events.
2017 additions and upgrades included:
• Indoor “Sky Maze”, featuring the Sky Trail® Navigator ropes course with 10 obstacles and over 2,500 square feet of challenging obstacles;
• 70-foot Sky Rail® zipline, spanning the entire length of the Sky Maze, hovering 12 feet above the MEGA arcade;
• Fully renovated indoor laser tag arena, which now spans more than 3,600 square feet and features high-tech lighting, sound, and the latest equipment including, Delta Strike laser guns and vests; and
• Six new and exciting games at the MEGA arcade, including an Xtreme Crane and two Mini Bowling lanes.
Daytona Lagoon also hosted family and community-drive events such as:
• Free Military Day for all active duty and retired military personnel;
• Wednesday Family Nights, held every Wednesday during the Summer;
• Girl Scout Day;
• Free Military & First Responders Day for all active duty and retired military personal, and first responder personnel (Police, Fire Department & EMS);
• Christmas in July, which was a successful Canned Food Drive supporting Halifax Urban Ministries;
• Faith Night; and
• Get paid for your grades, rewarding kids for academic and scholastic achievements.
“2017 marked a tremendous season at Daytona Lagoon, as we expanded and broadened our exciting attractions and family fun events throughout the year,” said Tyler Currie, General Manager of Daytona Lagoon. “Our new attractions and renovations in 2017 were met with remarkable attendance, and countless guests trying out our new Sky Maze ropes course and zipline.”
After suffering Hurricane Irma-related damage, the Park’s Family Entertainment Center including the MEGA arcade, laser tag arena and Go-Karts, and the Water Park are reopened and operating on the normal schedule. Kraken’s Conquest suffered considerable damage and it will remain closed until it is replaced with a new attraction in 2018.
Currie added: “Daytona Lagoon is committed to ensuring a safe, clean, and importantly, Family Fun and Family Priced park for guests of all ages to gather and relax. The community’s strong and immediate response to Hurricane Irma showed our true colors and I am grateful for the support we received from our dedicated staff, valued vendors and public officials. The park is open and running on our regular schedule for the remainder of the year while we continue to work diligently to repair and restore the areas of the park that were damaged.”
The Park’s wet attractions will officially close for the year on October 29th. The Park’s Family Entertainment Center including the Sky Maze and Sky Rail, MEGA arcade, laser tag and Go-Karts will remain open throughout the year, on Fridays 5pm-11pm, Saturday 11am-11pm, and Sundays 11am-8pm. The Park’s Family Entertainment Center and indoor attractions will be available for rent year-round for any private parties and birthday celebrations by appointment. For further details on reserving the Park for a special occasion, and for extended hours of operation and pricing options for endless fun for everyone, please visit our website: https://daytonalagoon.com/.
The new and upgraded attractions, and events are part of United Parks’ commitment to keep Daytona Lagoon the premier family-friendly water park and year-round mega family entertainment center with “Something for Everyone.” In addition to Daytona Lagoon, United Parks also operates Hydro Adventures in Poplar Bluff, Mo. and is poised to become the next operator of historic Rye Playland in Westchester County, N.Y.Read more >>